Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Asleep in my Chair


Charcoal sketch of Art's father by Art Price.

Tuesday, January 17, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dearest June:

I slipped up and didn’t write last night but you should get this just as early anyway.  I tried to do some artwork last night but was too sleepy, then I tried to read and fell sound asleep in my chair.  So I gave up and went to bed before 10 without having written to you.  I hope you’ll forgive me.  Yesterday was a pretty busy day but today has been quiet so far.  I’m home for lunch now.  I’ll mail this on my way back to Roulston’s.

I’m thinking of you and eagerly waiting for Friday night.  I love you.  I’m expecting a letter tomorrow – I hope I won’t be disappointed.  I hope you weren’t too late to school.

Are you getting lots of work done?  If you felt like I did last night, I guess you didn’t get much done.  I’m going to try and accomplish something tonight.

I’ll keep this short as I’ll be writing again tonight.  I should have more to say then.  For now, I’ll just say I love you again and so long for now, sweetheart,

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – heavy reading.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment