Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Heavy Reading


Sketch of a book by Art Price.


Wednesday, January 18, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dearest June:

Good morning.  It’s cloudy and windy outside but a beautiful day for me because I just got a letter from you.  You had me worried at the start of the letter but it had a happy (P.S.) ending.  I’m looking forward to Friday night and don’t you disappoint me.

I stayed home again last night while my folks went to see a Danny Kaye movie.  I started and finished the third assignment in my current lesson.  Then I read a book till after midnight.  Heavy reading, too – Modern Arms and Free Men by Vannevar Bush.  Tonight I plan to go to the Partida Art School for the first time since last fall.

About Bruno:  He was over Mary’s house on Friday, took her out on Saturday night, took her to the train station – but still insists it’s all through.  I honestly think it really is, too.

Take care of yourself and be careful in those subways.  I love you, darling.

Love

Art

(Tomorrow – back to the art school grind.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment