Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Everyone's Talking About Bruno's Accident


Tuesday, January 31, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dearest June:

Art Price.
I’ve spent all yesterday and today telling people about Bruno’s car accident.  Everybody’s heard something and they figure I’ll know all about it.

Yesterday, Bruno called the store in the morning to say he wouldn’t be in.  Then in the afternoon he called again after he went to the doctor.  Now he doesn’t think he’ll be to work for a week to ten days.  He’s got six stitches under one eye and four over it.  He’s feeling pretty bad, stiff and sore all over, I guess.

Of course, we’re short on help at Roulston's without Bruno.  Besides that, Rod (my boss) is sick with a cold.  He was working today but didn’t feel good.  And on top of that, I went to the dentist and had a tooth pulled so I could hardly talk all morning.  You can see the store was in pretty bad shape!  Rod may ask Joe Cerullo to fill in for Bruno.

That’s enough about Bruno and work.  You know I love you very much and think about you all the day.  Two whole weeks without you.  I hope I’ll last that long.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – Shirl dreams about Art.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment