Thursday, February 3, 2011

Call Southampton 951


Landscape with fence,
oil painting by Art Price.

Thursday, February 2, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dearest June,

People are still talking about Bruno.  His sister says that he didn’t regain consciousness till 8:00 in the morning.  Apparently, it was even more serious than we thought at first.

I had a busy day in the store today with only two of us working.  Joe is filling in for Bruno and may continue working through the weekend.  It looks like I won’t get any more time off this week.

My folks went to a supper at the Hampton Bays church with our minister and his family.  I stayed home tonight and ate my supper alone.

I miss you very much.  Remember me to everybody.  Don’t be too lonesome when you have to ride the subway alone and always be careful.  You know I love you.  Good night, sweetheart,

Love,

Art

P.S.  I forgot to tell you – if you should be coming home this weekend, I’m going to a men’s supper at the church Friday night at 6:30.  If you call up and don’t get an answer, you can try my mother at Southampton 951.

Lots of love,

Art

(On Saturday, roommates and weekends.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment