Monday, February 28, 2011

Dozing All Evening


Monday, February 27, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Here I am writing to you again, my darling.  I love you sweetheart.  Nothing much to tell you.  I had a busy day and didn’t go out tonight.  I’ve been dozing all evening and listening to the radio.

Art's De Soto, his first car.
Well, here’s some news. Bruno’s finally getting himself another car.  He got tired of walking.  It’s a 1941 De Soto convertible, the same make as my old car but a couple of years newer.  Now he can really go out and kill himself.

If you should come home this weekend I hope you can let me know ahead of time.  I’m supposed to go to a Men’s Club meeting at the Methodist Church on Friday night at 6:30, so if you’re coming, I’ll need to know.  If you should call Friday and not get anyone here, try the other number to get my mother (I hope you still have it – I’ve forgotten that number already myself).

I think I’ll make this a short letter.  Be careful of yourself, my precious darling.  I miss you and love you very, very much.  Be good sweetheart and I hope to see you soon.

Lots of love,

Art

(Later today – an invitation to a double date – but not with Art!)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment