Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shirl's Dream


Quick sketches by June Anderson.

Wednesday, February 1, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

You won’t get sick of seeing me if I come home this Friday, will you?  I’m certainly not giving you any time to save money between our dates.  Anyway, the main reason why I’m coming home is that Shirl needs to go home to see a doctor – so I really don’t have much choice but to come home.

I was real proud of myself today – I showed will power.  Shirl stayed in bed all day, but I went to school – why, I even stayed after for Quick Sketch!  Now I’m staying up late doing homework, getting something done but doing it lackadaisically.

Shirl dreamed about us last night.  Maybe I shouldn’t tell you what she dreamed.

How is everything around town now?  Calmed down some?  Bruno still recovering?

Be careful now.  I don’t want anything to happen to the man I love.

All my love,

June

(This afternoon – Art visits Bruno.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment