Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Art School Assignments in Southampton

Wednesday, February 8, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

This will be a short letter.  I didn’t do anything today but work and didn’t go anywhere tonight.  I did manage to do some art school homework for Partida.  I plan to go to her class tomorrow.  Tomorrow morning I have off so I should stay up tonight and do some more Partida work – but I think I’ll go to bed instead when I finish this letter.

Partida homework assignments
by Art Price.
I’m thinking of you, darling.  I won’t give up hope for the weekend yet.  If I don’t see you, I’ll call you Sunday around 12:30.

I’m expecting a letter tomorrow.  I’ll be waiting at the door for it tomorrow morning.  I love you sweetheart.  Be good.  Good night for now,

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – lonely subway trips.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment