Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Counting on a Date


June at Montauk Point.

Wednesday, August 9, 1950

112 West 86th Street
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

You’ll probably know by the time you get this that I’m not going to be home Thursday night.  I just finished talking to mother.  I would have called you but I couldn’t afford it since I’ll be staying here till Friday.

By the way, Grandma is visiting in Riverhead.  That’s why I didn’t talk to my parents earlier.  They were out meeting her.

Betty called up this morning.  She says she’ll fly here for her things – probably Thursday or Friday.  Shirl and I were sure glad to hear that.

I trust, darling, that I will have a date with you Friday night.  I’ll be planning on it.  I’m sorry I won’t be in earlier because I miss you so much.  Yes, in spite of all the excitement of moving, I still have time to miss you.  That’s because I love you so much – but you know that!  You must.

All my love,

June

(For Friday – assigned to the Plant Department.)
 

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment