Monday, June 13, 2011

Second Grilled Cheese of the Evening

Monday, July 17, 1950

112 West 86th Street
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

Fashion illustration by
June Anderson.
I’ve had quite a busy day today, darling.  I got up at 7:00 this morning but the train was late, getting me to New York about 45 minutes late.  As a result, I wasn’t ready to begin job hunting till about 11:00.

I made the rounds to four different agencies – walking most of the way.  I’m getting quite proficient at getting turned down.  After walking around so much, the heat started getting the best of me so I came back here.  I don’t think I was ever so hot as I was today.

It’s 10:30 now, darling, and Shirl and Betty are already in bed.  Shirl’s very homesick, or so she sounds.  Betty is going home Saturday for about a week and a half.  She’s going to be a bridesmaid.

While writing to you, I’m making myself the second grilled cheese sandwich of the evening.  There.  I just finished the sandwich and it tasted real good.  But I ate too much.

Darling, I miss you so much tonight.  I wish you were able to give me at least one kiss to sleep on.  I love you, and till tomorrow’s letter –

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – Van Johnson in town.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment