Thursday, June 9, 2011

Invitation to Paint a Mural

As we enter the final three months of this blog, the pace quickens as we compress over a years’ worth of life and courtship into just a few months.  This month, we highlight a run of June and Art letters from July and August 1950.
Color pencil sketch by Art Price.

Thursday, July 13, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

I went to Secunda’s art class yesterday and he asked me to paint a mural.  It’s for the YMCA.  He had a pretty good sized class today, 9 or 10, mostly women.  Believe me, darling, you don’t haven’t a thing to worry about.  They’re mostly beginners.  I know some of them from the store.  I may go back to the class again tonight.  I don’t know how long I’ll be able to keep up two classes a week.

I hope you’re having good luck in the city and that your interview went alright.

My folks are out again tonight.  This time they’re baby sitting across the street with Pete.

Already it seems as if you have been gone for ages.  I can hardly wait till you’re in my arms again.  Look out for me.  I’m liable to get “drunk” again!  Good night, my darling.

All my love,

Art

(For Saturday – the war news.)
 

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment