Monday, June 27, 2011

The Next Voice You Hear


Monday, August 7, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

I’ve been wondering what Shirl said when you walked in and said you had a job and were going home.

I went to the movies tonight and saw The Next Voice You Hear.  It was pretty good.

Just think… this is my first letter of the week and it may be my last.  There may be no more.  From now on, we’ll see each other all the time and won’t need to write.

Darling, I certainly feel good tonight!  Mmmm.  I love you so much.  You sounded happy over the phone, too, sweetheart.  I guess your folks will come in on Thursday and help you move home.

Take good care of yourself.  I love you.

All my love,

Art

(Tomorrow – buses to Westhampton.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment