Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Robbed!


Wednesday, August 2, 1950

112 West 86th Street
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

Sketch by June Anderson.
I was robbed!  That’s right.  Shirl came in about 5:00 and we took inventory.  Missing are:  my typewriter, Shirl’s lapel watch (more or less a family heirloom), Shirl’s steam iron, and three suits – two of Shirl’s and one of mine.  Mine is the brown one, which I liked the least of any of my suits – one thing to be thankful for.  I had my two favorite suits at home.  We can’t tell if anything of Betty’s is missing.  We told Mr. Silver and he called the police.  Shirl talked to them, too.  There’s really not much they can do about it – we don’t have identification marks and don’t remember any serial numbers.

I just can’t seem to think or write straight tonight.

So tonight I’ll only say I love you.  By the way, don’t change that Monday class back to Tuesday yet.  You can’t tell – I might be home again in a couple of weeks, darling.  Hmmm, I love you.  I’d squeeze your breath
away if you were here right now.  I wish you were.

I’ll be waiting Friday at 8 for you, darling. Be good, and don’t get in any accidents or flirt with any blondes.

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – Edward Everett Horton comes to town.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment