Thursday, June 23, 2011

Best Play of the Year in Town


Harvest scene, oil painting by Art Price.

Thursday, August 3, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

I’ve been busy this evening.  I went to Secunda’s class and worked on the mural some more.  Now I’ve been writing Men’s Club cards.  I wish you were here helping me.  And that isn’t all I wish you were here for – G-R-R-R.  Look out for me Friday.

I’ve been thinking – it looks like the best play of the year is at East Hampton this week.  It stars Edward Everett Horton and is a comedy, naturally.  So maybe you’d like to see it on Saturday?  I can call up for reservations.

I haven’t heard anything from the reserve yet.  It’s a little early, I guess.

Be good now and take care of yourself.  Don’t go out alone at night.  I love you.  Remember me to Shirl and anyone else that is there.  I’ve kind of lost track.

I’d better get to bed now.  I do love you, sweetheart.  Good night for now.

All my love,

Art

(For Saturday – His French Wife.)
 

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment