Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oops! Forgot to Write!

Pencil sketch by June Anderson.

Thursday, July 20, 1950

112 West 86th Street
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

Darling, I don’t know what happened.  Somehow I forgot to write you a letter last night!  It’s not that I didn’t think of you, either, because I did – all night.  It’s just the letter I forgot.  Please forgive me.

I haven’t found any work yet and I call home every day in case they hear something.

Shirl has been depressed lately – I wish she would snap out of it.  She doesn’t like school anymore, wishes she were home, etc.  And then there’s always that business with Ted.

Betty and I went out for a nice walk last night.  Don’t worry, it was along upper Broadway – a very nice place to walk at night.  Shirl didn’t come because she didn’t feel like getting dressed to go out.

Tonight we’ll probably go to the movies again.  I try to keep busy all the time, so I won’t be so aware of missing you so much and the time will go quicker.

All my love,

June

P.S. Darling, I just got your letter and I’ve read it twice already.  How I enjoyed it!  Not that you told me anything
in particular – it’s just so nice to hear
from you.  I love you, too.  Now I'm
going right out to mail this.

Love,

June

(For Saturday – job hunting pressure.)
 

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment