Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Buses to Westhampton


Art at Montauk Point.

Tuesday, August 8, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Your mother just phoned and said you wouldn’t be home till Friday.  So here I am back to writing and I hope you’re going to write again, too.  Of course, I’m sorry that I won’t see you Thursday, darling.  I miss you so much.  I love you so much.  It’s so nice to know that when you do come home it’ll be for good.

Your mother was asking me about buses to Westhampton.  I don’t know if there are any.  I hope there’s a way for you to get there.

I just came from Secunda’s class a little while ago.  I started a portrait.  He has a man posing for us.

Of course, I haven’t asked you out on a date Friday yet – so now I am.  Will you go out with me Friday night?  Good, I’ll pick you up at 8:00 then.  Pretty self-confident, aren’t I?  I love you, darling.

All my love,

Art

(Tomorrow – the excitement of moving home.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment