Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Movie Star in Town


Tuesday, July 18, 1950

20 Cooper Street 
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

My darling, I love you very much.  How’s that for the beginning of a letter?

Van Johnson.
It seems like everybody in town (the female half, this is) has been loitering on the streets hoping to see Van Johnson.  He’s been around quite a bit.  Lots of people have seen him but not me yet.

By the way, Bruno had a date this weekend with a blonde from one of the summer stores.  He’s been trying hard to get acquainted with her.

I’ve been writing cards all evening and sitting around talking to my family.  I’ve got a couple of paintings ready to put in the Parrish Art Museum out here tomorrow.

I hope you’re not wearing yourself out job hunting.  Don’t let your mother push you too much.  I know this may mean I’m a stinker but I hope you don’t call this week.  And you know why you would be calling me – to say you’ll be staying in the city, maybe permanently.

I love you, darling.  Take care of yourself, my dearest,

All my love,

Art

(Tomorrow – The one of you is beautiful.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment