Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Perfect Mood Music

Wednesday, November 10, 1949

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City

Dear Art,

Pencil sketch by June Anderson.
As I stumbled up to the apartment tonight, the landlord handed me your letter – believe me, I skipped the rest of the way.  It’s so nice to hear from you!

Bruno and Mary sure have everyone guessing, don’t they?  Have the girls heard anything from Jane Hastings?

Shirl just dropped everything that was on the desk, and she’s talking a mile a minute.  I can’t think what I’m writing.  Now she’s finally settling down to homework.

What’s the matter?  Didn’t you vote?  The Democrats got in all over!

I’m planning to go home on the 20th (the weekend after this) and get a ride back.  And after that there’s Thanksgiving.  Goody!  However I am staying here this weekend to try to accomplish some homework.

The music from the radio is sweet and low.  Perfect mood music – but no good when you’re not here.

All my love,

June

P.S.  Don’t forget to write.  You know how much I enjoy hearing from you.

(Tomorrow – orange juice showdown at Jacks.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment