Friday, November 12, 2010

Lena Horne in Person


Friday, November 12, 1949

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City

Dear Art,

Got another letter from you today in which you stated you had not heard from me yet.  It’s swell of you to write so nicely with no word from me.

Watercolor fashion design by
June Anderson.
Went to the movies last night and saw Lena Horne* in person!  She was the whole show.

What happened to all the boys?  Don’t they go out anymore?  Well, at least you’re getting plenty of sleep.

I hear you called up Mother yesterday to find out if I was coming home.  I’m very sorry my letters haven’t been getting to you sooner.  I’ll be home next weekend for sure.  Don’t forget!

Love,

June



* Link to Lena Horne with the Teddy Wilson Band doing "Unlucky Woman."  Looks like it might be 1949, too.

(For Monday, robbery on 82nd Street...)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment