Thursday, October 7, 2010

Temporary Depression

Thursday, October 6, 1949
(just after supper, 6:45 p.m. – we’re getting ritzy – eating later!)

40 W. 96th St.
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

I was depressed today.  Then three things happened to change me into a happy little soul.

1 – I called Daddy and he strongly told me not to worry about our apartment troubles.
2 – Our landlord talked to us – more furniture is coming and the gas has been connected – as soon as we call the company, we can start cooking.
3 – I got a letter from you.

Design for Traphagen ad by June Price.

Daddy was very happy to hear from me.  I called him up to give him reports on recent events.  I still have no roommates and it begins to look hopeless – and I had to ask him to send some vitally needed work that I did last year.  As I have said before, he was very glad to hear from me.  It seems mother was getting worried and was actually talking about calling you up to see how I was!  Just think – you probably would have heard from Mother tonight if I hadn’t called.  I guess I’d better keep in better touch with them.

I also feel better about school.  All the teachers admit it’s a terrific jump from first year to the second.  While the work is much harder, it also is much more interesting.

Art, it certainly was nice to come home from school to a letter from you.  I certainly do hope you get your car soon so that you can be out and around again.  Naturally, I’d love to see you during the weekend, but I think the trip is too much for you, all in a day like that.  If you ever call, add that I’m in Apt. 1a.

Now to homework.  Do write more letters – don’t forget!

All my love,

June

P.S.  Glad to hear the blondes haven’t latched onto you yet!

(Tonight -- Art likes getting letters, too...)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment