Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Night and Nothing to Do

Saturday, October 1, 1949

20 Cooper St.
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

It sure seems strange. Here it is Saturday night and there’s nothing to do. I hope you're settled all right and found a couple of good roommates. I don’t think you’ll have any trouble getting two girls to come in with you.

The Southampton movie theater on Hill Street, just a
five block walk from Art's home on Cooper Street.
Went to a football game last night. We lost and then I went home early, believe it or not. I think I’ll go to the movies tonight and try and get home early again. I'm still using my mother’s car and guess I will be for a couple of weeks.

Bruno goes to the city tomorrow to march in the Columbus Day parade. Why don’t you go over to Fifth Avenue tomorrow afternoon? You’ll probably see some of the boys from here marching.

I haven’t seen any mail from you yet but I’m expecting to get some! When you write be sure and tell me your phone number. Don’t study too hard, but be sure and get your homework done before you come home. Remember me to Shirl. I feel as if I know her. So long kid, see you soon,

Love

Art

(On Monday, June's first day of the new school year…)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment