Saturday, July 9, 2011

Songs of Summer 1950 (Part 1 of 3)



A romance in the Hamptons wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the beach.  For this brief series, June’s and Art’s beach pictures will be accompanied by the number 1 hit songs of 1950.

For this particular excursion, Art brought along his camera and, except for one shot, he didn’t share it.  It looks like these constitute June’s glamour shots, goofing around and modeling on the beach.

The #1 song in June 1950 was the Andrew Sisters performing “I Wanna Be Loved,” with words and music by Billy Rose and Eddie Heyman.

“I wanna be loved with inspiration,
I wanna be loved,
Starting tonight!

“Instead of merely
Holding conversation,
Hold me tight!

“I wanna be kissed,
Until I tingle!
I wanna be kissed,
Starting tonight!

“Embrace until
our heartbeats intermingle,
Wrong or right!”


(Tomorrow – More songs of summer.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment